01 July 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In (apparently #47 -- I'm just getting started)

Check out Wife of a Sailor's blog for more info on the fill-in.


1. Have you (spouse) ever considered joining the military and what do you think of dual military couples?

Back in the day when I thought I might go to med or vet school, yes, I considered joining the military. I've obviously gone a different route since then. Note: this was before I met DH! Since meeting and marrying my military man I can say with 100% certainty that joining the military is not something I would consider now. Physically I could train for and kick basic training in the butt, mentally I could probably handle it too (not as if women are allowed into combat positions and most of my civilian training would mean that my likelihood of deployment would be low)...it's just not feasible for my family. I know it can and does work for others though! (including my aunt and uncle who were a dual military couple for something like 95% of both of their military careers; they're both retired now though.)

2. What is your idea of a perfect Sunday afternoon?

Relaxing, crafting, baking...sleeping. Actually sleeping is my new favorite hobby, too bad my son doesn't ever want to let me sleep. Right now he's practicing his tae bo skills on my liver/stomach.


3. What do you usually do for the 4th of July holiday?

I don't really have a usual. Usually try and hang out with some friends outdoors grilling/BBQ'ing. I typically manage to bring an awesome dessert along, like last years 100% from scratch red/white/blue vanilla cake with strawberry filling and homemade frostings (both buttercream and fondant):
I have no idea yet what this year's festive dessert will be (but I'm thinking it'll probably be a vanilla flag cake with flavored/fruited gelatin. Sounds easy enough in my head, and these days I like easy.



4. If they could make an Olympic event JUST for you that you know you’d medal in, what would it be?

Details! I'm super awesome at details about just about anything I've been exposed to once/twice before. I'm a nitpicker for details when something is important to me.

5. What have you been doing to get yourself bathing suit ready for the summer?

Well considering I'm gestating at the moment? Absolutely. Nothing.
Bradley has completely destroyed my figure and my once coveted, pristine, nice skin? Obliterated. My entire body looks like a road map. I've got stretch marks peeking out of my bra, the arms of my t-shirts, and the bottoms of my shorts (and I am by no means a hoochie-mama, my shorts are usually pretty long to begin with). There are stretch marks crawling from where the dimples over the backs of my hips used to be wrapping around my sides and wrecking havoc over my entire stomach/groin area. My days of aiming for a sleek, sexy, bikini/two-piece are officially over (I even hate my preggo swimsuit because it can't hide the massive amounts of scarring from the legs down).



One day they will fade (hopefully!) and of course next summer's goal will be to be in a size/shape that I love again -- but I've officially hit mom-dom and have resigned myself to always searching for a sleek, sexy, ONE-piece. Hopefully that's possible without having to show off too many of my Bradley induced battle-scars. I've never been a tanning/sun lover, but I hear that helps hide stretch marks so I might have to find a way to start (or at least look like I tan).

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment